
What a day for Isaac. I am getting him ready to start pre-school in the next few weeks and that requires all his medical and dental check-ups. I suppose I'm a bad mom, but I had it done all in 1 day! We started with Dr. Todd, our great P.A. and things were going great until they needed to test his iron levels! Isaac and needles just don't mix well. For those of you who can recall his last encounter with needles, remember the 3 nurses plus myself holding him down? Well, he passed his check-up with flying colors, super healthy (except the whole thumb-sucking thing, but I won't even start with that) Any advice on getting him to stop would be very appreciated! As we were about to leave Dr. Todd said that he had bad news, that Isaac needed to go over to the hospital and get his blood drawn to test his lead levels. Great more needles! I called my mom to see if she would meet me there so she could watch Hailey while I struggle with Isaac. Suprisingly he did much better then getting his finger poked! You'd think it would have been the other way around. Well, he left the hospital with a cool band-aid, orange juice, cookies, crayons and a new coloring book. He thought it was Christmas! Why don't I get things like then when I have blood drawn! I hate needles too, maybe I should kick, scream and cry! So with two band-aids and new treats we were off to the dentist. I think that he was so exhausted already from all the crying that he just didn't care what was coming next. Thankfully there were no cavities or work that needed to be done. Just a cleaning and floride and we were out of there. Again, with more treats. Toys, a new toothbrush and toothpaste, and floss.
Though it was a bad day for him, he came out well in prizes!




2 comments:
I swear he was JUST born! How can he be going into pre-school already?? The time has flown by...
Jeez, leave the poor kid alone! :)
I'll have to give him a big love when I see him again. Now everything that he told me on the phone today makes much more sense.
Post a Comment