December 19, 2009

Merry Christmas


Christmas time came faster than I had expected. Our lives have been very busy and time is something that I haven't had. I was hoping to send out Christmas cards this year and it just didn't work. So, to all who read this post, here is your Christmas greeting. This picture was our Christmas card this year. I had a friend at my work take our family pictures and I love how they turned out.
Tim finished up his semester this past week and did well. He only has one semester left!!! We are so excited for him to finish. He will start applying for jobs in the spring and who knows where we will end up. We both would like to experience life outside of Utah. He has been interning in the athletic department/marketing at UVU. He has really enjoyed his internship and will continue to intern for the experience next semester.
I am back to working full-time so Tim can finish up his schooling and internship without as much stress. I start my 10th year at Harmons next month. I can't believe I've been there for sooo long. I'm very blessed to have a job that is able to support our family at this time. I stay busy with working, being a mom and my church calling. I love the women in my ward who have become some of my closet friends. I'm still nuts about digital scrapbooking, but it has been put on the back burner since I've gone back to work.
Isaac has loved being in Kindergarten. He's made some great friends. He is one of the top readers in his class and is doing so well. His teachers are always sending him home with harder books and words that he just breezes through. His favorite things right now are animals, Bakugans and Sponge Bob Squarepants!
Hailey is 3 1/2 going on 18! She is a spitfire. We are working on the alphabet and numbers. She has a little computer that she loves to play with and is actually teaching her quite a bit. She loves princesses and everything that goes with it. She loves playing mommy with her little babies. She and Isaac are best friends and it's so fun to watch them play together.
I love this time of year when we get to really focus on the birth of the Savior and for the opportunity to teach my children the true meaning of Christmas. My grandma sent me a quote from Spencer W. Kimball. I want to share this with you all and hope that it will touch your lives as it did mine. (Thanks Grandma Unity!)
"Never did the Savior give in expectation. I know of no case in His life in which there was an exchange. He was always the giver, seldom the recipient. Never did He give shoes or a vehicle, never did He give perfume, a shirt or a fur wrap. His gifts were of such a nature that the recipient could hardly exchange or return the value. His gifts were rare ones; eyes to the blind, ears to the deaf, legs to the lame, cleanliness to the unclean, wholeness to the infirm and breath to the lifeless. His gifts were opportunity to the down-trodden, freedom to the oppressed, light to those in darkness, forgiveness to the repentant, hope to the departing. His friends gave Him shelter, food and love. He gave of Himself, His love, His service, His life. The wise men brought Him gold and frankincense. He gave them and all of their fellow mortals resurrection, salvation and eternal life. We should strive to give as He gave. To give of oneself is a Holy Gift!"

We send our love and prayers to you all this Christmas season!

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Julie H. said...

Thank you for sharing that quote. How true it is. Merry Christmas. Love you tons!

Barbara said...

Beautiful Christmas card! And a wonderful quote, I haven't heard that one. Hope to see you soon!

Kristen said...

We didn't get around to doing Christmas cards either. Your digital card is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it!

Mel said...

wow! long time! 10 year at harmons! that's great! can't wait to see what sort of job you guys get. i'll have to check back more often! :)