My sister-in-law Des had a baby back in February. With a new baby here to enjoy come a lot of questions from Isaac. The question he has been asking about lately is how Jack eats. Des watched my kids while I had to work and Isaac noticed that her freezer was packed full of milk. She told me that he started asking about where it came from and she tried to avoid it and let me handle it. I've been trying to avoid it all with him, but couldn't think of a logical reason why he shouldn't know.
So on the way home he mentioned all the milk that was in their freezer. I then proceeded to tell him how babies eat and where they get it. He then started comparing women to cows, dogs, cats and pigs. I figured that it was a great way for him to understand! We were almost home and I asked him if he had any more questions about how babies eat. Here is how it played out;
(mom)"Isaac do you have any more questions about how baby Jack eats?"
(Isaac)"Well, I do have a question, but I don't think you'll be able to answer."
(mom)"Just ask and I'll try."
At this point I was getting worried that he was going to pull out "how are babies made, born?"
(Isaac)"Do you have any clue how cars are made?"
I couldn't help but laugh and breathe a huge sigh of relief!
13 years ago




1 comment:
I'm sure I'll be horrible at answering those questions! Especially the car one =). So funny!
Post a Comment