I had mixed emotions about turning 27. I'm not going to go into huge detail, but I've coped with it. I had a super fun birthday. The celebrations started on the Sunday before the 18th. The in-laws know I love cheesecake and suprised me with one as my birthday cake! (Thanks guys!) Before I blew out the 27 candles that Kelli insisted be on the cake, my family favored me with a very
off-key Happy Birthday song. I love the in-laws! On Tuesday, the actually day, I went out to dinner with two of my girlfriends, Rachel and Mel. We had a great time chatting and they made sure to embarrass me because of my birthday. But hey, free dessert never hurt anyone! But the big event came Wednesday. My dear mom gave me Carrie Underwood concert tickets for my birthday! I screamed when she gave them to me, just like a teenager. Tim and I had a blast! She was absolutely incredible. She is such a powerhouse singer and it was so fun. Thanks mama! My week continues as the girls go out to see Twilight on Saturday. Though I will be missing the BYU/Utah game I know that I'm going to have a blast with my sisters and mom-in-law!
Tim suprised me with a beautiful bouquet of roses and a way cute sweater.
(I'm proud of my camera skills with this pic. I thought it turned out awesome!)

Tim and I at the concert, and of course Miss Carrie.
Tim said at the end of the concert that seeing her didn't help his crush!

4 comments:
Happy Birthday - late! I didn't know it was your birthday Tuesday, and you still came and taught kickboxing - what a trooper! I'm so jealous about the Carrie Underwood concert! Glad you had fun.
Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had tons of fun!
yay! what a fun birthday celebration!! you deserve it girl! glad you had so much fun.
ooh, I'm so jealous of you going to see Carrie---love her! Mike has a crush on her, too...
Post a Comment