November 11, 2008

A Little Inspiration

I have to share with you all what happened to me today. I was at Maceys in the foyer area trying to get Isaac and Hailey into a shopping cart. I had previously gone to another store and didn't have a good experience with the kids there. I was really on my last nerve and people were just watching me trying to handle me kids, like I was some side show. I finally got them settled into a car cart and totally cut this guy off with my cart, but I really didn't care. I had just started my shopping when that same guy came up to me and told me that he needed to say something. I really wasn't in any mood to listen to some guy lecture me on proper cart manners or something. This is what he said, "It looks like being a mom is really hard, you're doing awesome." I didn't know what to say. I thanked him and went on my way. I wanted to start crying right there in the store. That guy had no clue how much I needed to hear that. Yes, being a mom is super hard and today especially I was having a really hard day with my kids. I really needed to hear that it seemed like I was doing an okay job despite my lack of patience.
Thank you to that guy who took the time to brighten my day. I know that he was inspired to tell me that and I thank Heavenly Father for sending that little message to help me keep going.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

that is AWESOME. definitely a great inspiration to be more like that guy and let poor struggling moms know they're doing just fine. goodness knows we've ALL had plenty of those days where it's all we can do not to kill our kids right there in the middle of the grocery store/mall/restaurant/...... :) you truly are one of my absolute favorite moms. why do you think i call YOU for parenting advice? love you!

Barbara said...

What a wonderful experience- I probably would have started to cry when he said that...it just makes you want to pass on a good deed-
Your blog is so fun, you do such a great job!

danny.des.jack.nora said...

How nice! I love it when we have little moments like this in our lives. You are a great mom Leslie! I definently am going to need some help here soon and I want you to know that I do look up to you already and what a great mother you are! You are a great mother, and you can't forget a great sister-in-law! Love you!

Amanda said...

Love that story...I am very impressed that it was a GUY who said that to you! But my, we all have those days, don't we? Glad to hear you're normal too =).
p.s. I totally would've cried too!