March 19, 2008

Television Disclaimer!!

We've all heard of the show The Moment of Truth. Here is a story that you may find funny yet will show just how evil and influential television has on us and more so on our children. We are big fans of American Idol. The Moment of Truth came on afterwards. Tim had left somewhere, Isaac and Hailey went in their room to play and I got on the computer to catch up on some scrapbook downloads. A little while later Isaac came in and sat down by me and said, "Mom, I have a question for you." I like it when Isaac asks me questions, I never know what he's going to say. Well, lets say I wasn't ready for this one. "Mom, since you've been married, have you had any relations with another man?" I was shocked!!!! I knew exactly where that came from and I hurried over and turned the television off. I had to explain to him that that show wasn't a nice show and that those questions aren't nice and could hurt someone. Please let this be a help in understanding that television is getting way out of hand and is corrupting this world. It's too powerful and too evil for us and our little ones. Be careful! You never know what your children will pick up on!

2 comments:

danny.des.jack.nora said...

That is too funny Les. Well, I shouldn't say funny, but crazy. Little kids are amazing. Anyway, I am sorry for not telling you. I just wasn't sure who cared, so I didn't tell a lot of people even though I was so excited. However, I now know better and you will be in on any new news I have to share! I love you Leslie and thanks for everything!

Nancy and Spencer said...

Oh...my...goodness. I can't believe he asked you that!!! Wow, reading that only makes me all the more glad we got rid of our cable. Now the only thing on our TV when you turn it on, is the 24hr black&white fuzz channel. Our main viewing now is just movies on our Clearplay dvdplayer! I love my life in edit!